Re: pending updates

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Rich Mattes <richmattes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Scott K Logan <logans@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rich -

We've got a lot of updates on QA right now, and I'm a little concerned that there may be untested combinations of versions in the dependency tree. I'm thinking we should wait until all of the updates have reached a week on QA and push them all to stable around the same time. What are your thoughts here?

A coordinated push sounds like a good plan.  Every package has to spend at least a week in -testing if it doesn't get enough karma over that period, so we have to wait at least a week from when the newest update got pushed to -testing for the earliest coordination point.  It looks like the newest update out of that list was submitted on April 18th, so how about we plan to push the packages the next Monday after a full week passes: April 28th?

I think the EL6 packages can be pushed on their own, but those have to wait two weeks in -testing.  That being said, it looks like there's a bug in bodhi where it didn't reset the counter after I unpushed the update the first time (it left a comment saying that the update has been in -testing for 65 days when I fixed the broken deps and re-submitted to -testing.)  Either way, I'll wait 14 days and push them on the 29th.

Rich

CCing the fedora-robotics list

Rich