Re: [Fedora Robotics] ROS packaging

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Rich Mattes <richmattes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Today's release of ROS Fuerte includes progress towards the ROS Enhancement Proposal (REP) 122 - Filesystem Hierarchy Standard layout changes for ROS[1].  With these changes to the ROS layout, I think we will finally be able to make progress towards packaging ROS for inclusion in Fedora.  I've set up a wiki page to track our progress[2], please read it over and let me know if I'm out of my mind or missing anything important.

To get the ball rolling, I've also created preliminary packages for some of the python tools that the ROS install guide wants Fedora users to easy_install (vcstools, rosinstall, and rospkg.)  I'm going to work on cleaning them up and testing them over the next couple of days; I'll push them to my fedorapeople webspace once I have something worth sharing.

Rich

[1] http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0122.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Robotics/ROS_Packaging

Quick update:  I've got a first cut at packages for rostinstall and vcstools.  You can find them at http://rmattes.fedorapeople.org/rospackages/

I'll be adding further packages to that location as I go on.  Please try them out (rosinstall depends on vcstools) and let me know if there are any issues and improvements.

Rich