Re: [Fedora Robotics] unified robots udev and policykit rules package

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Rich Mattes <richmattes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> librxtx needs to write lockfiles to /var/lock/lockdev, which is owned by the

Very interesting discussion -- thanks. Clearly what I am wanting to do
makes sense... but only for a set of devices.

> If you're the "user at the console" on a single-user computer, you're
> probably the admin to begin with.

Not always when it comes to OLPC laptops or school desktops, and even
if you are, you are 10 year olds and don't know how to manage
user/groups.

> I'll note that the prompt
> indicating which groups you need to be a member of is a giant leap forward
> from the upstream behavior of failing with a cryptic error message.

Of course, no doubt about that! However, I do think that the PK
approach is better.

cheers,

 martin@xxxxxxxxxx -- Software Architect - OLPC
 - ask interesting questions