[Fedora Robotics] Robotics Spin

Hello Spins SIG.

The Fedora Robotics SIG is undertaking an effort to create a Robotics
Spin. The main idea is to have software on a LiveDVD providing a
ready-to-use robotic simulation environment, with a demo application to
introduce you step by step to the available software. Additionally, we
want to add as much robotics related software as possible, ranging from
packages for hardware access (laser scanners, robotic arms) and robotic
middleware frameworks, to full-blown simulation environments and
libraries relevant for robotic applications like vision processing or
task control.

The wiki page is at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Robotics_Spin.

We are currently working on the kickstart file and aim to add it within
two weeks time. Any comments about the proposal, form, content are
deeply welcome. We have also proposed this as a F-15 feature at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RoboticsSpin.

Best regards,
	Tim, on the behalf of the Fedora Robotics SIG

--
     Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      www.niemueller.de