Re: [Fedora Robotics] RFC: Location for Player config files

On 23.10.2009 00:14, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Hedayat, thanks for the quick reply!

> If all what I said applies to these configuration files, I think they
> completely satisfy "read only architecture independent data files".

I thought about your reasoning. But there are device files and the like
specified in the config files which may change. Additionally to create a
new configuration most of the time you start by copying an existing
config file, being able to do this in the very same directory makes
things simpler. Additionally having some config files in /usr/share and
some in /etc seems odd.

I'd like to hear more opinions, but I tend to the /etc solution atm.

Regards,
	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      www.niemueller.de