[Fedora Robotics] Co-ordinating open source robotics packaging.

Hi all,
There seems to be increased effort and interest in packaging robotics software in various distributions. It seems to be that the requirements for most distributions are pretty similar and so it would make sense to put a bit of effort into coordinating these efforts, potentially targeting the same set of packages and same versions for fedora, ubuntu (coordinate with robobuntu?), debian ....

Does this seem a good idea for others, I am currently looking to get involved in some ubuntu packaging (particularly around player which I am a developer for and the libraries it uses such as gearbox), but would prefer to not reinvent the wheel too much :)

If this seems a good idea, what do you think would be the best way to coordinate, a common mailing list, a wiki with a matrix of packages, distributions and the versions targetted?....

Regards,
Toby Collett
--
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged and/or confidential information