Re: [Fedora Robotics] p/s/g demo client program

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:29 AM,  <jesusfreak91@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I realize the above sounds pretty similar to playerv, but I can't think of
> what else to do that would meet our needs as I understand them.  Any
> suggestions/comments/critiques would be greatly appreciated.

I think the goal is to provide a simple, constrained demo that someone
can start up via a desktop icon, interact with, and not get lost in
even if they haven't used player before.  Is the playerv interface
robust enough for that?

Here's what I'd like to see in a 2-D demo:
a simple robot with a range finding ability, and marker identification
a somewhat simple but randomizable 2-d maze environment for it to move in.
a goal for it to achieve... "get from here to there"... or "find a
specific marker"
the ability to turn the whole map on or off so its either visible or
invisible to the user.
with the map on the user just drives around the little robot like its an rc car.
with the map off the user has to interpret the robots actual data
inputs and figure out where to go...so its sort of a game...be the
robot's brain.

An interface with a crap load of tool-tipping concerning the controls
and data-streams that help introduce player concepts to demo users.

-jef