Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] Errors in constructing SPEC from local source.

asr-hnhdhkBXzx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Allen S. Rout) writes:

> In R2spec-3.0.3-1, if you set a local source (-s <source>) then the URL
> and source0 fields in the spec will remain empty.  Such specs fail to
> build.
>
> There are a variety of ways to address this, I'm not sure that what I've
> done is really a superior solution.
>

> in RPackage.py, down the branch of "I've only got a source, not a
> source0", I added
>
>                 self.source0 = source
>                 self.URL = source
>
> (see below).
>
> This means that URL is populated with a local file path, but that's
> really all that's available.

So, I see from your previous replies, Pierre-Yves, that this is more or
less expected behavior.  Understood.

I have the opinion that the current manner of failing doesn't
communicate what's going on very well.  Would you consider documenting
this requirement in the usage message, or even failing with an
informative message?

I also think that there are other sources of packages than the various
repos.  It seems incorrect to me to insist that we name one.

- Allen S. Rout