Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] R 2.10.0 updates

On 11/06/2009 05:42 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> Sorry that this one didn't make it in time to be tagged for Fedora 12,
> but it will be available as a 0day update.

Brown-paper bag fix available to resolve scriptlet noise. With 2.10.0,
we no longer need to generate search index.txt from the modules
"CONTENTS" files.

We can also stop using the macro for the %post/%postun scriptlets in all
R module packages, but for now, the script checks the version of R and
only runs the index.txt generation bits if R < 2.10.0 (basically, a noop
for everything we care about).

We probably need to coordinate a rebuild of all R modules as part of
this, so it might not be a bad time to drop the %_R_make_search_index
scriptlet macro everywhere.

Here's the links to the new update:

Fedora 10:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/R-2.10.0-2.fc10

Fedora 11:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/R-2.10.0-2.fc11

Fedora 12:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/R-2.10.0-2.fc12

EL-4:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/R-2.10.0-2.el4

EL-5:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/R-2.10.0-2.el5

Remember that EL-4 and EL-5 updates for R have to sit in updates-testing
for 3 weeks, unless they receive 3 "positive" karma votes. If you use
these packages and you want them to hit the updates repository sooner,
please test them and give feedback at the above links.

~spot