Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] Re: r2spec

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 Allen S. Rout wrote:
> I haven't seen any responses to my package-deps thinking.  I'm hoping
> that's because everyone read it and said to themselves, "Wow, this
> Allen fellow is an utter genius: How profoundly correct he is! ".
>
> Yeah, right.

The probable cause is more like "everyone would like to comment but REAL LIFE
(tm) got in the way", at least it was for me.

> OK, here's the SRPM of my current state.
>
> http://nersp.osg.ufl.edu/~asr/media/R2spec-2.6.0-asr.src.rpm
>
> When I run that against ggplot2, I get a "broad" dependency graph of
> 152 packages.  That's the list of packages that "should" be installed
> to be able to R CMD CHECK all the packages, recursively.

Considering that cran has more than 1800 packages I would that this is small
subset. ;-)

> That fact, the recursive Suggests graph, is why I think any tool that
> builds a single spec needs to do the math; because there's no way we
> can CHECK a package without doing it.

What could be done, depending on the needs found, is to build a python library
where both R2spec and your tools use the code from.

--
José Abílio