Introduction; was Re: collaborating on ggplot2 ?

Well, it didn't get through GMANE.  So I'm re-sending directly.

Pierre-Yves <pingou-E11Oz7VxvVOXCRStZZN3OA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Did you look at the subdependencies ? I mean that for example quantreg
> requires  SparseM tripack, akima, MASS, survival, rgl, logspline
> (Which already points out a circular dependency on MASS)...

I'm also working on this problem, albeit from a slightly different
perspective.

I started out wanting to just get ggplot2 installed. :)

I found r2spec, and have been folding, spindling, and mutilating it
for somewhere under a month.  Pierre-Yves, somewhere in the ether
between me and you are several messages along the lines of "I've got
some suggestions, will you entertain them?"

I've also been talking with other R developer types; I came up with a
similar chunk of code to make "Ebuilds" (Gentoo artifact mostly like a
specfile) a few years back.

So, Hi, there!

I've got several different topics queued up, I figure I'll wait to see
if this gets through GMANE before I start on them.

- Allen S. Rout