Re: Update the guidelines

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 19:59 +0100, Pierre-Yves wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to propose to update (or mention) some points in the R
> packaging guidelines.
>
> * Mention something about the tex files which are not utf-8 and don't
> necessarily have to be converted
> see:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg00741.html
>
> * Mention something about the -devel package where the headers don't
> necessarily have to moved to %{_datadir} since R looks for them in
> %{_libdir}.
> see:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-r-devel-list/2009-March/msg00001.html

I am planning on writing down a proposal to add those remarks to the
guidelines.

In addition I though we could also :
 - Mention about the version which in R might contains '-' which should
be replaced in Fedora
 - Mention R2spec as tool to create spec file
 - Mention the new sources of library (the two r-forges)

Do you see any other points to be added/changed ?

I will send to the list the proposal once done.

Best regards,

Pierre