Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] R-java and R-java-devel

On 04/06/2009 10:09 AM, Martyn Plummer wrote:
>> Discussing with spot we thought that R_HOME should be set and that it
>> > should be set within the main R package.
>
> This is using the JRI interface to call the R engine from within java.
> If you want to do this then you should write a wrapper script that sets
> all the necessary environment variables, the class path and so on.
>
> The rJava package contains two examples "rtest" and "rtest2", both of
> which are installed, along with a wrapper script called "run". These
> work perfectly for me:

So... where does it fail? I only added the R_HOME exports on the grounds
that there was a legitimate need for them. If there is not, I'm willing
to drop them. (I didn't want R-rJava to carry the shell scripts, because
I thought that if one R module needed them, another would inevitably
need them as well, then we'd have odd dependency chains on R-rJava.)

Of course, I still stand behind my point that R should unset all the
environment variables that could cause it trouble before running its tests.

~spot