[Fedora-r-devel-list] R RPM requirements

One of the topics that came up during the thread "R-devel going away"
was that R-devel has a rather heavy set of requirements.

Some of these looked implausible to me, even though I am probably
responsible for putting them in in the first place.  This prompted me to
R-devel should really be.  I wrote a document in December, but never
circulated them for some reason. You can find it here (PDF document and
LaTeX source):

http://calvin.iarc.fr/~martyn/software/R

It may look like heavy going, but you can skip to the conclusions if you
get bored. The bottom line is that a lot of the current requirements of
R-devel can be dropped, but there are also a few other requirements that
should, in principle, be added.

If you do find it useful, it could go in a wiki so that it can be kept
up to date.

Martyn

This message and its attachments are strictly confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify
the sender and delete it. Since its integrity cannot be guaranteed,
its content cannot involve the sender's responsibility. Any misuse,
any disclosure or publication of its content, either whole or partial,
is prohibited, exception made of formally approved use