Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] R2spec new release

George N. White III wrote:
<snip />
In researching the possibility of having userland rpm, there was a
suggestion that
dummy packages be created for the base system rpms, so that dependencies will
be resolved against the system versions.   This raises the possibility of a
tool to create dummy rpm's for packages installed by R.   That way, rather than
the user having to check dependencies across 2 different package management
systems, there could a command to create dummy rpms for manually built CRAN
packages.  These could be "installed" so they would be used by rpm to resolve
dependencies in pre-built Fedora rpms.

Would make a fake/dummy RPM be any better than directly package the RPM ?
I don't think it decrease the amount of work :/

Or we need something that add the entry to rpmdb while we set up a package using R. But then what about the package installed in $HOME/R/library ? Two users will not have the same libraries available while the database will say that the library is installed.

I know I bring more questions than answers here, but I don't what the best solution would be.

Best regards,

Pierre