[Fedora-r-devel-list] R2spec new release

Dear all

As agreed with José there is the news of the new release of R2spec.

Have a nice sunday

Best regards,
Pierre

There is the latest version of R2spec, I have been working quite a bit on it with the suggestion of faceface from #R on irc.freenode.net to improve this software. Therefore the changelog for this new release is quite long and the list of features added seems also important.

The principle is still the same: make R packages as simple as possible.

Seems there are mainly two sources of libraries for R (Bioconductor and the CRAN) I added two options (--bioc and --cran) that add the Source0 and the URL in the spec file if it has not been defined by the --url option.

From that I aslo considered the case of the noarch packages, it now looks for *.c, *.C, *.cp, *.cpp, *.f and *.F files, if it does not find any it consider the package as noarch and thus adapt the specfile for that.

It also offers the possibility to move the source to %_topdir (defined in ~/.rpmmacros) so that you can directly run the rpmbuild -ba once you have made the small correction advised on the spec file.

That's the main features added, you can see below the changelog for this new release and you can always test and give feed back, report bugs and suggest enhancement on the trac of the R2spec project [1].

The RPMs and sources are available on the git of the R2spec project [2].

Thanks for your attention :-)

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/r2spec
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/r2spec/browse