[Fedora-r-devel-list] Re: R package in Fedora

P> Dear all, Remi Collet has done a great job the past days to make
P> these pages: http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/
P> I think you will be interested specially in this one:
P> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/rpm.php?type=R

Hey Pierre-Yves,

This looks great!  I wonder if you could also integrate Chris Weyl's
Perl CPAN tracking tool, e.g.:

http://fedora.biggerontheinside.net/perl/alexlan.html

P> However, helping him to set up the parsers, we have been facing
P> some problem with some package.  For example: R-lmtest As you can
P> see here: http://pingoured.fr/cgi-bin/R.py?name=R-lmtest The
P> version have a '-', this leads to a "outdated" mark of the package
P> in this page http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/rpm.php?type=R .

P> The question is then, what should we do ?  There is nothing on the
P> guideline that mention what we should do about the library that
P> have a '-' on their version name (second exemple: R-pls
P> http://pingoured.fr/cgi-bin/R.py?name=R-pls ).

P> We also faced the problem that at least one library is present in
P> both CRAN and bioconductor repository (R-qvalue
P> http://pingoured.fr/cgi-bin/R.py?name=R-qvalue ). But the version
P> are pretty clear, we kept only the Bioconductor.

P> So I think, when we have a library in CRAN and Bioconductor, we
P> should only keep the Bioconductor version.

P> For the version with a '-', we skipped everything that was after
P> the -' until now, should we continue ?

On the R libraries issue.  Not sure about that problem, that's a bit
of pain.  Have to think about that one.

Alex