Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] useR! 2008

José Matos wrote:
Hi,
	I am writing this from Dortmund, at the useR! 2008 conference
http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/

Nice :)

I will have a talk tomorrow about the interaction between R and Fedora. It is a 15 minutes session so there is not much time to expand. I will present Fedora and it interacts with R. There are several issues that are common to the relation between Fedora and languages like perl, python, latex or R.

That's great :) Do you have the slides of the presentation ? I would be interested to know how you presented things.

I will also take the opportunity to hear feedback from several types of users regarding the state of R in Fedora. If there is anything relevant I will report back to this list.

I would like to know how the think on the difference between suggests and depends dependences of a library. (I still have in my mind the Bioconductor issue).
Do they install both ?
Do they care about the suggests ?
Do they want them ?

I have asked pingou (I hope I can use this) to write to the list with the new releases of his package as it would be nice that package automatically in Fedora using yum.

I have asked for a project on the fedorahosted.org, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Regards,
Pierre