Re: How to handle already installed libraries ?

Hi all,

I have just realized that I made a mistake sending my new question
instead I send the previous one... My apologizes for that.

Please find here, the original question.

Speaking with some people on the #R chan on irc (freenode) one
question shows up,
What happened if a library is installed by RPM but was already
installed before through the R cmd install command ?
Which one of the 2 libraries is used ?

Quite some libraries that I have made are noarch libraries, I install
them in /usr/share whereas the r cmd install install them in /usr/lib.
Which mean that we can have twice the same library.

Then, I was wondering whether we should include a way to check for the
presence of a library before install it.

What do you think of it ??

Other question, in the case that the library has not been installed at
the right place should we remove it ? (before install it through the rpm)

Best regards,
~pingou

http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Development]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]