Re: R CMD check

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 23:33 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:28:01PM +0200, pingou wrote:
Hi all,

What do you think of ?
I agree that it would be very usefull. But I don't have any idea about the feasability.

I'm buried in licensing at the moment, but if someone wanted to
implement this, I'd be willing to look at a patch and throw it at
upstream to get their thoughts.

Looking at the code I have found the paragraph following under in /usr/lib/R/bin/check

I believe there are tow ways to do what we would like,

*either make a copy of the files in a check2 file and patch it to avoid the check on suggested libraries ( I think it is a bit "dirty" to do it in such a way) *or we can also either patch or sed the DESCRIPTION files in the spec to comment the lines "Suggests"

I do not know what you think about these propositions and I do not know if there are better ones but I believe these are not the optimal solution. My problems is that my knowledge are too low to be able to propose directly the correct patch/solution.

I hope this help, if one of you  would like to do it.

Best regards,
~pingou

$log->checking("package dependencies");
            ## Everything listed in Depends or Suggests or Imports
            ## should be available for successfully running R CMD check.
## \VignetteDepends{} entries not "required" by the package code
            ## must be in Suggests.  Note also that some of us think that a
            ## package vignette must require its own package, which OTOH is
            ## not required in the package DESCRIPTION file.
            ## Namespace imports must really be in Depends.
my $Rcmd = "options(warn=1,warnEscapes=FALSE); tools:::.check_package_depends(\"${pkgdir}\")\n";
            my @out = R_runR($Rcmd, "${R_opts} --quiet",
                             "R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES=NULL");
            @out = grep(!/^\>/, @out);
            if(scalar(@out) > 0) {
                $log->error();
                $log->print(join("\n", @out) . "\n");
                $log->print(wrap("", "", @msg_DESCRIPTION));
                exit(1);
            } else {
                $log->result("OK");
            }
        }

___________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Development]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]