Re: Fedora QA Meeting this week?

man, 02 07 2007 kl. 22:07 +0000, skrev Will Woods:
> Since Wednesday is July 4 (US Independence day) it might be a bad day
> for a QA meeting. Should we:
>
> a) push it to the old Thursday time, or
> b) skip it until next week?
>
> Unless I hear some requests for a meeting, I suspect I'll just mail
> stuff to the list.

Okay here's a request for you:

When we instruct users (and by we I likely mean me primarily) to use the
debuginfo-install tool from yum-utils it will correctly get all the
required debug symbols however when the user updates the software since
the debuginfo repo is not enabled he will be using old symbols on new
packages. To make matters worse bug-buddy doesn't really interest itself
in complaining so we risk the users sending really misleading backtraces
upstream. So I would love for us to make an appeal to the powers that be
to have the debug repos enabled by default.

Aside that skipping instead of moving to thursday would suit me fine I
have to go shopping for my sisters wedding present and fetch my suit
from the cleaners anyways so I'd likely miss the meeting anyways.

- David