Re: PHP EPEL7 branch

Hi,

Le 05/04/2018 à 10:56, Germano Massullo a écrit :
> Good day,
> Nextcloud is an important software running in many production
> infrastructures.
> In discussion "Status of OwnCloud/NextCloud" [1], package maintainer
> said that Nextcloud will not be updated to newer versions because of old
> PHP version shipped on Enterprise Linux 7 distributions (RHEL / CentOS /
> Scientific Linux).
> I would like to ask you how much effort would be required to create and
> maintain a php7 package on EPEL7, so that concerning Nextcloud,

I definitively don't want to maintain such a package, which will bring
back the nightmare of having 2 set of packages in the same repository,
as in the EL-5 time (with php and php53) especially as yum is unable to
properly handle it.

Red Hat way to manage newer version is Software Collections
See:
 https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/10/25/php-configuration-tips/

For now, we have PHP 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 available.

Remi