Using modular stuff in F28+

Le 04/04/2018 à 22:55, James Hogarth a écrit :
> Hi guys
>
> There was implication that php would be in modular (streams) form in F28+
>
> Is this just a hypothetical or is it actually happening?

AFAIK Nothing have happen yet

BTW, I still don't know if I really want to work on such a feature.

mbs is terribly slow (a simple module update is a 1' build in koji, when
it takes ~1h in mbs... and probably more according to number of build
layers...)

Easy with a small set of packages, terribly complex with a huge stack of
~70 extensions, with lot of libraries involved

Perhaps I will consider a testing module for PHP 7.3, this summer

I don't think this will have any impact on webapp and noarch libraries,
excepted if someone crazy enough also want to move from multi-providers
(such as symfony) to multi-modules

Remi