Re: Fedora 27, httpd in thread mode by default, need for ZTS php modules

On 25 Sep 2017 11:23 am, "Remi Collet" <Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Additional information:

php-fpm is now the default configured way to enable PHP with apache in F27+

I.e. mod_php for ZTS is still provided but not loaded by default, as
unsupported by upstream.

Remi.

P.S.
https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/php.git/commit/?id=de56edf226f421ff4bb89bbdfb971f25cccaf675

Remi was there an F27 change filed for this... I don't see one?

It's quite a significant alteration in behaviour and the vast majority of php users in Fedora who use httpd use mod_php and will be broken by this.

It really needs to be clearly marked in the release notes, coordinated with php applications shipped in Fedora and be marked with instructions on how to switch between the two methods... plus the discussion of how to handle the upgrade scenario needs to be had.