Re: FYI: Symfony 3 in rawhide - autoloader issue

Hi,

Le 07/05/2017 à 20:24, Shawn Iwinski a écrit :
> Symfony 3 (php-symfony3) has been built in rawhide.  It installs into
> `/usr/share/php/Symfony3`.  Symfony 2 (php-symfony) still installs into
> `/usr/share/php/Symfony`.  Symfony v2 and v3 packges can be
> dual-installed.  If your packages do not either limit constraint
> dependencies to v2 or if your packages do not account for the dual
> directories, there will be failures.  Symfony v3 will sit in rawhide until
> all Koschei issues are flushed out.  Please let me know if there are any
> issues.

We still have a lot of package which use the symfony autoloader

BuildRequires:  php-composer(symfony/class-loader)

But this only work with Symfony 2, because of

   require_once 'Symfony/Component/ClassLoader/ClassLoader.php';

Koschei don't catch the breakage, because Symfony 2 is probably pulled
by phpunit dependencies...

IMHO, better fix is to switch these packages to use fedora/autoloader

Done for php-phpseclib
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/php-phpseclib.git/commit/?h=master&id=1791dc1fad15e0676aca0efe9009a1f762a169c5

I think we can switch PHPUnit to use Symfony 3 (supported upstream), so
Koschei should raise such breakage.

Comments ?

Remi.