Re: Packaging guidelines update

On 06/23/2015 10:32 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
I don't see the need for this. Nothing "mandatory".
This is only a packaging tips.

You're the only one who knows this. It's not stated anywhere in the Fedora wiki. It helps define what Requires should be placed. It's more than a "tip".

Guidelines explain "all modules", and php-date is given as an example.

That's not clear enough.

Test are a SHOULD. Standard Guidelines.

PHP tests are different. They require configuration that isn't standard. A mention of PHPUnit or finding BuildRequires with phpcompatinfo is helpful.

Again, just a packaging tips. Nothing mandatory.
Just a helper.

It is not helpful to keep all of this information to yourself. Non-PHP SIG reviewers missed this information. I find that troubling. All of the PHP packages that you do not maintain do not follow the same set of guidelines that you have started requesting. It would be beneficial to update the guidelines and send a notice to devel@fp.o requesting packagers to retroactively follow the updated set.

Thanks,
Michael