Horde suite 4 upgrade

Greetings, PHP experts.  I currently maintain (rather poorly) the Horde
groupware suite (horde, imp, ingo, jeta, kronolith, turba) in Fedora.
(There are also a few pieces of the suite that aren't packaged, mainly
because I have no use for them.)

Our version is quite outdated at this point, held up by the fact that
the Horde developers split there monolithic packages up into a multitude
of small packages delivered through a PEAR channel.  And while this
makes it pretty simple from a non-distro deployment standpoint, getting
this all packaged up for Fedora looks rather un-fun.

So, a few questions:

Is there any existing utility for automating the conversion of a PEAR
channel full of stuff into Fedora-acceptable specs?

How about anything to help with monitoring said PEAR channel for updates
to make sure things stay properly updated?

Any chance of assistance with something on the order of a hundred new
package reviews?  Or, even better, any chance of anyone wanting to help
out with maintenance?

I've maintained PHP-related stuff before and I know it's not terribly
difficult, but I've never undertaken anything of this magnitude.

Thanks in advance for any info.

 - J<