is_a behavior in 5.3.8

Hi,

PHP 5.3.8 is available in testing.

This version changes the is_a behaviour.
There is a "large" discussion about it on PHP internals.
Upstream don't plan to revert this change.

See : https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=55475

I think, this change have a really minor chance to break applications.

The only case when return value is altered
- first option is a string
- first option equals second one (class name)

All other cases may result, at most, to user notice (if autoload is used)

There is a long list of potentially affected pear packages, so we could
expect a lot of updates in the next days (XML_RPC already published)

A solution could be to revert this changes in fedora <= 15 (for example,
trivial patch) and keep it in fedora >= 16.

Other way, is to push pear package update, as they are released, on all
branches with php 5.3.8 and keep 5.3.8 long enough in testing.

What do you think ?

Remi.