Re: Naming Scheme php-pear-HTML_Javascript and php-pear-Auth_HTTP

Le 17/07/2009 16:59, Mamoru Tasaka a écrit :
> Christopher Stone wrote, at 07/17/2009 02:22 PM +9:00:
>> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Mamoru
>> Tasaka<mtasaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> perl modules have some underscore naming like
>>> perl-Convert-NLS_DATE_FORMAT. We have no reason we must apply perl
>>> naming rule here and again there is no reason we should convert
>>> underscore
>>> to hyphen
>>> which would just cause confusion.
>>>
>>> Please think in the way that we need less guidelines as much as
>>> possible.
>>> If you have some reason *specific to php-pear*, please explain, and such
>>> reason must be written somewhere properly.
>>>
>>> Mamoru
>>>

>> Then I guess we should search the packaging list archives and see if
>> we can find the reasoning when the guidelines were being formulated.
>> It must have been discussed or else the entire packaging committee
>> misunderstood the guidelines at the time.  The majority of the
>> packages are owned by Remi and myself.  I don't know how much work it
>> will be to rename all the packages.

Hi,

First, I think this discussion should go to fedora-php-devel (a public
place), as I'd like to heard from others (tim please ?)

> So at least for now we cannot justify why underscore should be converted
> to hyphen, right?

I'm still not convinced.. but probably because I hate underscore...

> For me it is strange that you or Remi don't remember
> that (, however I guess there was actually no _real_ reason anyway).
>
> If we cannot find out what was discussed, we must withdraw the proposal
> about converting underscore to hyphen and at least new packages must
> use underscore if upstream's naming uses it.
> (However I think remaing php-pear related packages on Fedora is preferable
> and it is better that such renaming should be begun as early as possible)

:(   really a big work

> Regards,
> Mamoru

Best regards.