PHP and GD extension

I'm working to understand how PHP provides GD functions.

php.spec use :
      --with-gd=shared

So it provides the bundled version of GD library

If we switch to
      --with-gd=shared,%{_prefix}

it will use the system one, but we'll loose 8 gd functions.

So, keeping, the bundled one is probably a better solution (even if it's
subject to a security issue : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/459529)

So, if we keep bundled GD we should switch from
BuildRequires: gd-devel, freetype-devel
To :
BuildRequires: libXpm-devel, libjpeg-devel, libpng-devel, freetype-devel

I also notice that libXpm is not detected on configure, we should add :
	--with-xpm-dir=%{_prefix} \

This add the XPM support in GD and the imagecreatefromxpm function but
will pull an new dependency on libX11 (is it a problem on a server
without X installed ?).

Comments ?

Remi