Re: EPEL Branches

Jon Ciesla a écrit :
Remi,

In order to solve some broken deps for roundcubemail in EPEL-4, I need
branches and builds of php-pear-Net-SMTP, php-pear-Auth-SASL, and
php-pear-Net-Socket.  If you like, I can maintain those branches and do
the builds once you request the branches and they are created.
Net_SMTP, Net_Socket, DB, HTTP and Mail : this extensions are bundled with php until 5.1.x (but not provided for dependencies).

$ rpm -qlp /tmp/php-pear-4.3.9-3.22.9.i386.rpm
/usr/share/pear/Net
/usr/share/pear/Net/SMTP.php
/usr/share/pear/Net/Socket.php

For other extensions, i don't push the one i maintain to EPEL-4 because the very old pear version implied to use a very specific spec file (the Fedora / EPEL-5 cannot be used : requires pear >= 1.4.9).

I'm not sure that install/post/postun scriptlet will work with this version, this must be fully tested.

I think we need a EPEL 4 template for pear extension, and i must confess i don't find yet the motivation for this.

fedora-php-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx is probably the best place to propose/discuss/improve/validate it.

And i agree to work on this.

After this, we can branch the missing dependencies you need.

Regards.

Thanks!

Jon Ciesla