Re: pecl list-upgrades not working?

On Nov 29, 2007 10:51 PM, Remi Collet <Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Christopher Stone a écrit :
>
> >> If we update pear to introduce a new version and macro which are
> >> required to register the pecl extension, we need a mass-rebuild,
> >> whatever is the new version (1.5.x or 1.6.x) (and new Requires).
> >
> > Would the pecl packages be *required* to be rebuilt?  Would their
> > behavior be the same as they are now if they are not rebuilt?  If we
> > rebuild the pecl packages it only makes it so they show up correctly
> > with the pecl command, correct?
> >

> You're right.
>
> Package not rebuild will still work without being registered.
> Note that some pecl extension still doesn't register on F8.

If there is no reason to not upgrade to 1.5.4 on F-7 I would say go
ahead and do it.  It is not going to make much difference to me now
since I plan on upgrading to F-8 soon.

I would like to have a policy where minor point releases for pear are
kept updated on supported Fedora releases.  In theory minor point
releases should not break anything, and I think it would be good to
have the latest stable versions available in Fedora.

Remi, do you know which pecl packages are not showing up in F8?  Are
any of them mine?