/var/lib/php/session

These days after all the cleanups, the "php" package (vs php-common)
pretty much just contains Apache HTTPD-related stuff:

# rpm -ql php
/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.so
/var/lib/php/session
/var/www/icons/php.gif

So in theory it should be OK to remove this if you need PHP but not the
HTTPD stuff (for example if you are using CGI or CLI only).

However, you'll notice /var/lib/php/session in the above list. This
doesn't seem to be specific to HTTPD and indeed is useful if you are using
php-cgi from a webserver. Indeed, the path is compiled into the binaries;
for example:

$ php-a
Interactive shell

php > echo ini_get('session.save_path');
/var/lib/php/session

So I think we should probably move it to php-common - what do others think?

Tim