Re: php-pear 1.6.1

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 11:47:16AM +0200, Remi Collet wrote:
> The solution seems to use (very short resume) :
>     php install-pear.php *.tgz

Thanks for working on this!

That does seem a lot cleaner than the stuff from PLD which was the other
proposal to bootstrap from a .tgz.  But it's still essentially a hack
because it relies on using install-pear.php extracted from PEAR CVS :(

Tim J - did you get anywhere with improving the management of the
release .phars upstream?

If we are resigned to the fact that there will be no traction on that
issue upstream then I think we should go with Remi's method described
here.  Any dissent?

joe