Re: [Ambassadors] Enforcing the code of conduct

On 07/17/2015 02:31 AM, Amit Shah wrote:
On (Wed) 15 Jul 2015 [11:47:21], Máirín Duffy wrote:

On 07/15/2015 09:43 AM, Amit Shah wrote:
Yes, at

http://fudcon.in/code-of-conduct.html
Ah okay, in this context your question makes a lot more sense bc of this
text:

"Attendees who are in violation of this policy may be subject to removal and
banning from FUDCon (and future Fedora events)."

I would say though we should probably resort to banning only in really
extreme situations, hope it doesn't ever actually happen, but if it needs to
allow the council to determine the steps involved when it happens.
Right - so we how about we change this text in our standard CoC, then
-- since we don't currently have a way of tracking CoC violations, as
well as banning is undesirable.

A note mentioning violations can be reported to the council, for
further action if necessary, should be enough then.

Thanks all who chimed in.

		Amit

Would one of you please file a ticket with the Council to sort this out officially? I really think this should be a little less ad hoc.

I also don't like "threats" which is how I read a "ban from all future events" which I consider a "threat" if it is not enforceable. As in, if we believe that is the right answer to the situation (which I severely hope it never is) we should have a SOP (procedure) for it in place, which changes it from a "threat" to just the way things operate.

Langdon