Re: Project Fedora Out-Reach: Kickoff. (Proposed)

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 11:16:40PM +0100, Cesar Pinto wrote:
> *>>it's still kind of quiet around here as this list isn't really off the
> ground yet. Let's change that! (Matthew Miller)*
>
> +1
>
> Guys,
>
> Let´s start.
>
> Why Fedora should be excited about outreach?
>
> 1.- It helps UNIFY our efforts. Community wide.
> 2.- It helps AMPLIFY our voice. Towards our users, partners and more.
> 3.- It helps FOCUS our work. So we can provide insights which can create
> better outcomes.

+1 to all of the above :)

> Some of us in the community are excited about this initiative, and I
> believe firmly we can make a positive measurable change.
>
> I go a bit further. This initiative seems rather strategic to the project.
>
> The good news: We don´t need *everyone* at the beginning. We need the right
> people. A committed/talented few to show their leadership and get things
> going.
>
> What´s in it for you? An opportunity to step up and focus on the "big
> picture" and help influence the project in a meaningful way.

A solid outreach program is for sure a key strategic initiative for
Fedora. It helps us showcase the wonderful community that is the Fedora
Project and brings in new contributors and users.

> But enough talking, here is my suggestion for a kickoff.
>
> https://plus.google.com/events/c7ni6kkd5h07848r63oseokap54
>
> Feel free to suggest an alternative time / date / method of communication /
> approach.

While I don't know what you have planned, exactly, for this kickoff -
using google hangout might bar some people from participating due to the
need for flash. I don't know if it's a huge deal, but it's something to
consider. Alternate methods of communications depends on how and what
information you want to showcase - so sorry for not providing an
alternative :(

--
// Mike