Re: RPMs for Jane Street's core libraries for Fedora 20

On 2014/01/02, Edvard Fagerholm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to learn OCaml properly for a project and bought the new Real
> World OCaml book. Since Fedora doesn't have the Jane Street Core
> libraries included, which is used throughout RWO, I made packages for
> them using ocaml-sexplib.spec as a model (so hopefully they follow the
> packaging standards, since I'm quite a noob). All the packages can be
> found here:
>
> http://hans.math.upenn.edu/~edvardf/fedora-ocaml/
>
> They seem to work properly, but I haven't had time to write the
> %description and Summary for some of the files. In particular, I do not
> know what they all do and the sources lack descriptions. I would
> appreciate it if someone is willing to help go through the files and add
> appropriate descriptions where needed and mail me patches.
>
> Unless it's a deliberate decision to exclude these libraries from
> Fedora, I'm happy to push them into Bugzilla once descriptions and
> summaries are in order and maintain them. This is much less painful for
> me than having to deal with OPAM.
>
> Note also that both ocaml-bin-prot and ocaml-bin-sexplib are updated
> here to the newest upstream version.
>
> Any comments are appreciated.
>
> Best,
> Edvard

Hi Edvard,

A lazy way could be to just leech these missing elements from Mageia
Linux, as for example:

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/ocaml-comparelib/current/SPECS/ocaml-comparelib.spec

An index of *some* ocaml packages available in some ocaml
distributions exists there:
http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/ocaml/trans-pkg/trans-pkg.html

Happy leeching!
Florent