Re: Lwt enhanced toplevel

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:55:37AM +0100, Robin Neatherway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to try the enhanced toplevel that comes with lwt. This
> doesn't seem to come in the Fedora package, so I have been building
> lwt from scratch using the tarball from the website. Unfortunately, a
> dependency that is required for compiling the enhanced toplevel
> includes the compiler libraries such as "env.cmi". There doesn't seem
> to be a package that would provide this available currently. I would
> definitely like to avoid compiling my own entire ocaml distribution,
> having done this in the past.
>
> Either option would work well for me: lwt coming with the toplevel or
> the addition of a "compiler-libs" package. Which would be the
> preferred option, and how could I help this to come about?

Have a look at how Debian does this.  They have a separate binary
package that contains these compiled headers and other bits from the
compiler (like "compiler-libs", but I can't remember what it's called
exactly).

If we do something similar with the OCaml compiler in Fedora then it'd
would be very useful, eg. for the existing cmigrep package and
ocamlduce.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v