Insight and Fedora Weekly News

A group of interested people gathered today to discuss breathing some new life into Fedora Weekly News (minutes below). What we concluded was that we'd actually like to breathe some life into Insight and for FWN to become an arm of that. To expound, here's the proposal:

- suehle, jbrooks, and iambryan have volunteered as editors

- We'd like to expand Insight to be more blog, web-magazine-style with:
    - Short, informative content like you might think of FWN for
    - Longer form stories, interviews, and articles
- The technical content that Fedora used to create to some extent for Red Hat Magazine (which is in high demand but no longer exists)
    - Cultivated content from Planet
- The content that Insight was already meant for, like Board meeting minutes or announcements

- Fedora Weekly News would then become the weekly email newsletter of highlights from what had been published on Insight that week.

- We'd like to see at least two writers/cultivators-of-content per beat

What we're looking for now is for someone to shout, "good idea!", "bad idea!", or "I was already halfway through with something like that!" before we continue down the path. "I'd like to help with a beat!" is also a good answer. :-)

Thanks!
Ruth