Fedora Weekly News 277

1 Fedora Weekly News Issue 277
1.1 Announcements
1.1.1 Fedora Announcements
1.1.1.1 retiring blogs.fedoraproject.org on 2011-07-01
1.1.1.2 Appointment to the Fedora Board and reminder of upcoming elections
1.1.1.3 FUDCon APAC now open for bids
1.1.1.4 Elections: Notice of change in voting period and correction of
eligibility for the Board election
1.1.2 Fedora Development News
1.1.2.1 Reminder: Fedora Engineering Steering Committee election town
hall is today
1.1.2.2 Changes to the Packaging Guidelines
1.1.2.3 Outage: Upgrades/Reboots - 2011-05-31 18:00 UTC
1.1.3 Fedora Events
1.1.3.1 Upcoming Events (June - August 2011)
1.1.3.2 Past Events
1.1.3.3 Additional information
1.2 Fedora In the News
1.2.1 Good times with Fedora Linux upgrades (ZDNet UK)
1.2.2 Fedora 15 (Lovelock) Released (ZDNet UK)
1.2.3 Fedora 15 – Bringing You The Latest In Linux
1.2.4 Linux Fans Say Fedora 15 Is Too Easy To Use
1.2.5 GNOME 3 on Fedora 15
1.2.6 Intel Sandy Bridge On Fedora 15 Is Decent (Phoronix.com)
1.2.7 Five must have Gnome shell extensions for Fedora 15
1.2.8 Guest session and user management on Fedora 15 (linuxbsdos.com)
1.2.9 Fedora 15 Xfce review (linuxbsdos.com)
1.2.10 Fedora (KDE) System Spotted Running Maya 3D on 'Doctor Who
Confidential'
1.2.11 Linux Mint 11 and Fedora 15: In One Week, Two Gems Debut
1.3 Translation
1.3.1 Translation Credit Loss Problem Resolved
1.3.2 Autotranslate Feature Disabled for Fedora Modules on Transifex
1.3.3 FPCA Signing on Transifex.net
1.3.4 Fedora Documentation and Websites missing for F15
1.3.5 New Members and Teams in FLP
1.4 Security Advisories
1.4.1 Fedora 15 Security Advisories
1.4.2 Fedora 14 Security Advisories
1.4.3 Fedora 13 Security Advisories

- Fedora Weekly News Issue 277 -

Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 277[1] for the week ending June 1,
2011. What follows are some highlights from this issue.

This week's announcements from the Project include more details on the
decision to retire the Fedora blogs service, announcement of the
appointment of Guillermo Gomez to the Fedora Board, and a call for
FUDCon APAC hosting bids. In development news, announcement of a FESCo
election Town Hall, and some changes to the packaging guidelines this
week. Fedora In the News offers 11 new trade press and blogosphere
postings on Fedora 15, and Translation brings us up to date on that
team's activities, including a fix to the translator credit system,
Transifex-related notices, and new members and teams of the Fedora
Localization Project globally. Our issue rounds out with security
advisories for Fedora 13, 14 and 15 released this past week.

An audio version of some issues of FWN - FAWN - are available! You can
listen to existing issues[2] on the Internet Archive. If anyone is
interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!

If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see
our 'join' page[3]. We welcome reader feedback: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco, Adam Williamson

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue277
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22FWN%22
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewsProject/Join

-- Announcements --

In this section, we cover announcements from the Fedora Project,
including general announcements[1], development announcements[2] and
Events[3].

Contributing Writer: Pascal Calarco

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events

---Fedora Announcements---

----Retiring blogs.fedoraproject.org on 2011-07-01----

Kevin Fenzi announced[1]:

"Greetings.

There has been some confusion and misunderstanding around
blogs.fedoraproject.org recently. This email will hopefully clear them up.

At the Tempe Fudcon, the Fedora Infrastructure team determined that we
should retire our blogs.fedoraproject.org service. The reasons for this
were:

We currently have no infrastructure members who are driving support of
this service. (Fixing bugs, following upstream or improving the service).

Wordpress has a long history of security issues, requiring frequent,
custom patches or updates to keep it secure.

Many other sites out there are providing blog services as their core
mission, likely resulting in a more feature-full and compelling
offering. Some of these sites like wordpress.com are commited to free
software, like Fedora is.

Usage of the service was quite low. We have 92 blogs, but only 39 of
them had more than 5 posts. Only 6 of them had posts in the last month,
and only 23 had posts in 2011.

While we are open to interested parties stepping forward to help us
maintain the service, currently there is no compelling reason to keep
the service running.

We will be happy to help any user wishing to transition their blog to
another service. We will provide web site redirects and dumps of their
posts.

Please contact fedora infrastructure (infrastructure at
lists.fedoraproject.org) with further questions or concerns.

kevin"

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-May/002969.html

---- Appointment to the Fedora Board and reminder of upcoming elections ----

Jared K. Smith announced[1],

"The Fedora Board consists of five elected seats and four appointed
seats. In this elections cycle, there will be two openings for appointed
Board seats and three opening for elected Board seats. As part of the
normal Board succession process[2], one Board appointment is made before
Board elections and the other is made after the election cycle.

I'm happy to announce that Guillermo Gomez has accepted the
responsibility of serving on the Fedora Board. Guillermo has
demonstrated his commitment to Fedora through his tireless efforts on a
number of different fronts, including working on packaging, development,
and ambassador programs. He has also shown his ability to mentor new
contributors and help grow the Fedora community. I have no doubt that
he'll continue these efforts while on the Board, and that he'll bring
his perspective to help the Board as it makes decisions affecting the
direction that Fedora takes. I would like to publicly thank Guillermo
for his willingness to serve, and I hope the entire Fedora community
will join me in welcoming him to the Board.

Guillermo will fill seat A4 (see the Board History[3] for a list of the
seats), which has been held by Stephen Smoogen for the past year. I'd
also like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Stephen for the
work he's done on behalf of the Fedora Board.

Elections for the three open elected seats on the Board (as well as
FESCo elections) will begin on June 2nd at UTC 0001, as shown on the
Fedora wiki's Elections page[4]. All community members are encouraged to
cast their vote until the elections close at the end of the day (UTC
time) on June 8th. Within a week or two of the end of elections, another
appointment will be made for the remaining Board seat (seat A3). If you
have interest in serving on the Fedora Board, please don't hesitate to
contact me directly to indicate your willingness to serve.

-- Jared Smith Fedora Project Leader"

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-June/002970.html
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

---- FUDCon APAC now open for bids ----

Jared K. Smith announced[1]:

"FUDCon (the Fedora Users and Developers Conference) is the premier
Fedora event. We typically have a FUDCon event in North America, Latin
America, and Europe each year. This year, I'm pleased to announce that
we'll also be having a FUDCon event in the Asia-Pacific region.

I've confirmed that we have budget set aside for a FUDCon in the
Asia-Pacific region, and I'm now soliciting bids for FUDCon APAC. Bids
should be created on the Fedora wiki, and a link to the bid mailed to
the fudcon-planning list. All bids should be completed by June 23rd.
Soon after the bidding process has closed, I'll meet together with
FAMSCo, the Ambassadors in that region, and our primary corporate
sponsor to pick the winning location. After the location has been
selected, we'll invite people to start registering and due to the
details of our budget, the time frame for FUDCon APAC this year will
likely be in either November or December. Next year, I'll work to try to
spread the FUDCon events around a bit more evenly, so that we can have
one FUDCon event roughly each quarter.

The bidding process is described in more detail at[2]. Any interested
parties are invited to submit their bids up until June 23rd. If you have
any questions or concerns, please bring them up on the fudcon-planning
mailing list.

I look forward to seeing your proposals!

-- Jared Smith Fedora Project Leader "

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-June/002971.html
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process

---- Elections: Notice of change in voting period and correction of
eligibility for the Board election ----

David Nalley announced[1]:

"Hi folks,

Wanted to make you aware of a situation that was discovered last night
and responded to this morning.

A number of people caught an issue in the eligibility configuration for
voters in the Board Election. Per the Board's Succession Planning[2]
document this election is open to any person in the Fedora Accounts
System who has completed the CLA. I mistakenly configured this election
for CLA+1 which means that in addition to completing the CLA a person
would have to be a member of an additional group. Members of the
infrastructure team noted this and created a ticket in the Board's trac
system late last night (no link as it's not visible to non-board
members). That mis-configuration has now been corrected, and to ensure
that we have not unduly disenfranchised any potential voters, the Board
election period only has been extended by 24 hours from 08 June 23:59:59
to 09 June 23:59:59. Please note that the election period for the FESCo
election remains unchanged.

I apologize for mis-configuring the election app, and thank the vigilant
members of our community and infrastructure team who caught the issue so
early in the process and helped to correct the problem in a timely manner.

Thanks,

David Nalley"

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-June/002972.html
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning

--- Fedora Development News ---

The Development Announcement[1] list is intended to be a LOW TRAFFIC
announce-only list for Fedora development.

Acceptable Types of Announcements

Policy or process changes that affect developers.
Infrastructure changes that affect developers.
Tools changes that affect developers.
Schedule changes
Freeze reminders

Unacceptable Types of Announcements

Periodic automated reports (violates the INFREQUENT rule)
Discussion
Anything else not mentioned above

---- Reminder: Fedora Engineering Steering Committee election town hall
is today ----

Robyn Bergeron announced[1],

"Greetings!

As previously announced, the town hall for the Fedora Engineering
Steering Committee (FESCo) is today, May 31, 2011.

The town hall will be taking place at 1800 UTC (2pm US-Eastern).

For information on how to participate, please see[2]

Further information about the elections, including the schedule and
process, can be seen here[3]

There are 5 seats open in this FESCo election, and 8 candidates. Please
consider attending the town hall today, and bringing your questions to
be asked of the nominees during the course of the town hall.

A summary and the IRC log will be posted and linked from the wiki after
the discussion, if you're unable to watch it live.

FESCo candidates and their information can be seen here[4]

Cheers,

Robyn"

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2011-May/000802.html
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections#How_to_Join
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

---- Changes to the Packaging Guidelines ----

Tom Callaway announced[1]:

"Here is this week's change to the Fedora Packaging Guidelines:

---

The systemd guidelines on naming unit files have been amended to tell
packagers how to make compatibility symlinks for alternate service names
should their service have had a different name in the past.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Systemd#Naming

---

These guidelines (and changes) were approved by the Fedora Packaging
Committee (FPC).

Many thanks to the Fedora Community, and all of the members of the FPC,
for assisting in drafting, refining, and passing these guidelines.

As a reminder: The Fedora Packaging Guidelines are living documents! If
you find something missing, incorrect, or in need of revision, you can
suggest a draft change. The procedure for this is documented here[2]

Thanks,

~spot"

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2011-May/000801.html
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Committee#GuidelineChangeProcedure

---- Outage: Upgrades/Reboots - 2011-05-31 18:00 UTC ----

Kevin Fenzi announced[1]:

"Outage: Upgrades/Reboots - 2011-05-31 18:00 UTC

There will be an outage starting at 18:00 UTC on 2011-05-31, which will
last approximately 2 hours. During this time there may be very short
outages of services as machines are updated and rebooted into new kernels.

Machines will be rebooted in an order that allows for least disruption
to services.

In many cases, there will be no noticeable downtime due to redundancy
and fail-over.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at[2] or run:

date -d '2011-05-31 18:00 UTC'

Reason for outage:

System updates/Reboots.

Affected Services:

BFO - http://boot.fedoraproject.org/
Bodhi - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/
Buildsystem - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/
GIT / Source Control
DNS - ns1.fedoraproject.org, ns2.fedoraproject.org
Docs - http://docs.fedoraproject.org/
Email system
Fedora Account System - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
Fedora Community - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
Fedora Hosted - https://fedorahosted.org/
Fedora Insight - https://insight.fedoraproject.org/
Fedora People - http://fedorapeople.org/
Fedora Talk - http://talk.fedoraproject.org/
Main Website - http://fedoraproject.org/
Mirror List - https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/
Mirror Manager - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/
Package Database - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/
Smolt - http://smolts.org/
Spins - http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
Start - http://start.fedoraproject.org/
Torrent - http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
Wiki - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/

Unaffected Services:

Ticket Link: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2790

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or add comments to the
ticket for this outage above."

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2011-May/000800.html
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto

--- Fedora Events (June-August 2011) ---

The purpose of event is to build a global Fedora events calendar, and to
identify responsible Ambassadors for each event. The event page is laid
out by quarter and by region. Please maintain the layout, as it is
crucial for budget planning. Events can be added to this page whether or
not they have an Ambassador owner. Events without an owner are not
eligible for funding, but being listed allows any Ambassador to take
ownership of the event and make it eligible for funding. In plain words,
Fedora events are the exclusive and source of marketing, learning and
meeting all the fellow community people around you. So, please mark your
agenda with the following events to consider attending or volunteering
near you!
Upcoming Events (June - August 2011)

North America (NA)[1]
Central & South America (LATAM): [2]
Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)[3]
India, Asia, Australia (India/APJ)[4]

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY12_Q2_.28June_2011_-_August_2011.29
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY12_Q2_.28June_2011_-_August_2011.29_2
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY12_Q2_.28June_2011_-_August_2011.29_3
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY12_Q2_.28June_2011_-_August_2011.29_4

---- Past Events ----

Archive of Past Fedora Events[1]

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/PastEvents

Additional information

Reimbursements -- reimbursement guidelines.
Budget -- budget for the current quarter (as distributed by FAMSCo).
Sponsorship -- how decisions are made to subsidize travel by community
members.
Organization -- event organization, budget information, and regional
responsibility.
Event reports -- guidelines and suggestions.
LinuxEvents -- a collection of calendars of Linux events.

-- Fedora In the News --

In this section, we cover news from the trade press and elsewhere that
is re-posted to the Fedora Marketing list[1].

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

Contributing Writer: Pascal Calarco

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/

---- Good times with Fedora Linux upgrades (ZDNet UK) ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a review of Fedora 15 from the UK ZDNet site:

"I've found that upgrading from version to version of Fedora is quite
easy in fact. And one bonus is that all of the software on the system is
automatically upgraded to the latest version which includes the latest
bugfixes, etc. Sure, running software updates on the existing
distribution running on the system will work, too, but updates are no
longer released for a particular version of Fedora about 13 months after
it is initially released. While this sounds bad, it really isn't. The
upgrade process for Fedora is as simple as inserting the CD (or flash
drive), selecting "upgrade" at the main menu, and following a few simple
steps. What you end up with is a system that is totally up to date and
refreshed with all of the latest RPM packages, while all data is
completely retained. What is more of a pleasant surprise with Fedora
upgrades is that all files and settings are completely retained for most
if not ALL software on the system because Linux stores everything in the
user's profile folder."

The full post is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013945.html
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/the-open-source-revolution-10014902/good-times-with-fedora-linux-upgrades-10022549/

---- Fedora 15 (Lovelock) Released (ZDNet UK) ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] another posting on the release of Fedora 15
from ZDNet UK:

"Whew. That was longer than I had intended it to be, but I suppose with
a release which makes changes of this magnitude it is to be expected. My
personal summary is that Gnome 3 seems pretty nice, and I have made a
lot more progress in adjusting and adapting to it, and actually starting
to like it in a relatively short time than I ever have made with Ubuntu
Unity. I think for Fedora loyalists this will be an excellent new
release, if they are willing and able to accept Gnome 3; the same is
probably true of those who are new to Fedora but at least have supported
hardware."

The full posting is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013944.html
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-mostly-linux-stuff-10006480/fedora-15-lovelock-released-10022542/

---- Fedora 15 – Bringing You The Latest In Linux ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] an article on Fedora 15's release from
makeuseof.com:

"It’s another great day in the world of Linux. Fedora 15 was finally
released two days ago, and this new release brings a massive amount of
changes compared to Fedora 14. In fact, there’s so many changes that a
lot of them can’t fit into this article. However, the major features
that have changed are too important to leave out, that impact users in a
very obvious way."

The full article is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013924.html
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fedora-15-bringing-latest-linux/

---- Linux Fans Say Fedora 15 Is Too Easy To Use ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a short post highlighting features in Fedora
15 from itportal.com:

"Apart from the new Gnome 3 desktop, another noticeable feature on the
platform is the systemd configuration. Systemd replaces SysVinit and
Upstart for system and session management and brings a faster boot
experience. The Fedora Project has added a cloud based BoxGrinder
appliance builder tool to the platform to aid developers. Fedora 15 also
comes with Linux 2.6.38, the SystemD configuration utility and a new
firewall system. Fedora 15 will also come with a range of new
applications including LibreOffice and Mozilla Firefox 4 so that it has
greater out-of-the-box functionality."

The full article is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013942.html
http://www.itproportal.com/2011/05/26/linux-fans-say-fedora-15-too-easy-use/

---- GNOME 3 on Fedora 15 ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a blog posting on the GNOME 3 experience in
Fedora 15:

"I’ve just installed Fedora 15, and one of the things that surprised me
was GNOME 3. I knew from the release notes that GNOME was coming to
Fedora 15, but I didn’t bother looking at the details nor at the larger
versions of screenshots. I knew that GNOME 3 was going to be better than
the older versions, but never thought that it was this good."

The full article is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013941.html
http://blog.randell.ph/2011/05/29/gnome-3-on-fedora-15/

---- Intel Sandy Bridge On Fedora 15 Is Decent (Phoronix.com) ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a listing of features in Fedora 15:

"Fedora 15 had worked fine "out of the box" on this notebook, complete
with the GNOME Shell and its Mutter compositing working without fault.
Fedora 15 is using Linux 2.6.38 and Mesa 7.11-devel, with various
back-ports by Red Hat's engineers. Our usual platter of OpenGL Linux
tests had also run fine on a stock Fedora 15 installation on this Sandy
Bridge hardware without lock-ups or other problems like we have on other
distributions"

The full article is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013940.html
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_15_snb&num=1

---- Five must have Gnome shell extensions for Fedora 15 ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a short posting offering some suggestions
for GNOME panel widgets to add:

"The weather is an important part of our life and I like to keep an eye
on the weather conditions. There is an extension which helps you to have
a weather notification on the panel itself. This extension adds a
notification and a menu next to the dateNtime menu at the center of the
panel. This is a rather new extension and still have some rough edge to it."

The full posting is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013939.html
https://justinstories.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/five-must-have-gnome-shell-extensions-for-fedora-15/

---- Guest session and user management on Fedora 15 (linuxbsdos.com) ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a posting on user management in Fedora 15:

"User management on Fedora 15 is just as easy as on any other
distribution or operating system. And the graphical user management
tools (there are two) are very intuitive to use. There are two types of
user accounts on Fedora 15 – Standard and Administrator. The
Administrator has root or super user privileges. During installation,
the user created may be added to the Administrators group. A user in
this group can execute all commands using sudo"

The full posting is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013938.html
http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2011/05/26/guest-session-and-user-management-on-fedora-15/

---- Fedora 15 Xfce review (linuxbsdos.com) ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] another posting from linuxbsdos.com on the
Xfce spin for Fedora 15:

"This article presents a review of the Xfce spin, and it is the first
for this edition of Fedora on this site. Fedora 15 sports several new
features. Some are not particularly relevant to a desktop user, but
others are. Those will be noted in the appropriate sections of this review."

The full posting is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013937.html
http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2011/05/28/fedora-15-xfce-review/

---- Fedora (KDE) System Spotted Running Maya 3D on 'Doctor Who
Confidential' ----

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] an article noting Fedora trainspotting in an
upcoming 'Doctor Who Confidential' episode:

"A System running Fedora with KDE SC 4 was spotted on 'Doctor Who
Confidential' episode broadcast this Saturday in UK. It is great to see
that large organizations like BBC are using Linux systems for
production. The footage starts at 32:00 where Animation supervisor Neil
Roche is talking about animation effects showing us a system running
Fedora."

The full posting is available[2].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013936.html
http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2011/05/fedora-kde-system-spotted-running-maya.html

---- Linux Mint 11 and Fedora 15: In One Week, Two Gems Debut ----

Kara Schiltz forwarded[1]:

"As promised previously
<http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/228298/five_linux_distributions_get_a_fresh_boost.html>,
the final release of Fedora 15 launched on Tuesday to a global audience
of fans eager to check out its implementation of the GNOME 3 desktop.

Linux desktops are a particularly critical subject, of course, now that
the default Unity[2]desktop in Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" has proven
so controversial[3], and the Fedora team announced [4] that it was
abandoning its own Unity efforts some time ago. GNOME 3 may be slightly
less controversial, but it's still generating a lot of discussion."

The full posting is available[5].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2011-May/013935.html
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/226697/shuttleworth_ubuntus_new_unity_puts_users_first.html
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/226940/natty_narwhal_the_first_linux_for_newbies.html
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/220085/fedora_and_opensuse_linux_drop_unity_efforts.html
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/228732/linux_mint_11_and_fedora_15_in_one_week_two_gems_debut.html

--Translation --

This section covers the news surrounding the Fedora Translation (L10n)
Project[1].

Contributing Writer: Runa Bhattacharjee

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N

--- Translation Credit Loss Problem Resolved ---

A major issue related to the loss[1] of Translator Credits in modules
submitted via transifex.net has been resolved by the Transifex
development team[2]. The problem had also been escalated to the Fedora
Legal team[3][4].

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue264#Copyright_Information_and_Comments_Deleted_from_.PO_files_on_transifex.net
http://blog.transifex.net/2011/05/transifex-net-update-may-25/
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008974.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2011-May/001622.html

--- Autotranslate Feature Disabled for Fedora Modules on Transifex ---

The Autotranslate feature on transifex.net has been disabled for Fedora
modules in view of a possible conflict with the Terms of Usage of the
Google Translated API that was being used for the feature[1].

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2011-May/001621.html

--- FPCA Signing on Transifex.net ---

All participants to the Fedora Localization Project are required to
sign[1] the Fedora Project Contributor Agreement (FPCA) at
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/cla/ in addition to signing
it on the Fedora Account System[2]

The last date to sign the FPCA is June 17th 2011

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008993.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-May/002960.html

--- Fedora Documentation and Websites missing for F15 ---

A number of Fedora Documentation modules[1] and Fedora Websites[2]
modules were not available for translation for Fedora 15 as they could
not be migrated to transifex.net before the release. However,
translation can be continued for some of these modules which are being
gradually migrated by the writers to transifex.net.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008971.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008990.html

--- New Members and Teams in FLP ---

Cindy Ludwig (German)[1], Hung Tran (Vietnamese)[2], Tarun Kumar
(Hindi)[3], Anurag Garg (Hindi)[4], Hugo Jiménez Hernández (Spanish)[5],
Goran Rakic (Serbian)[6], Nuno Martins (Portuguese)[7], Ricardo Gyorfy
(Brazilian Portuguese)[8], Ivan Pomykacz (Czech) [9], Roman Spirgi
(German)[10], Florian Masuth (German)[11] joined the Fedora Localization
Project recently.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008891.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008894.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008895.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008904.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008916.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008919.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008924.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-April/008925.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008972.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008988.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-May/008989.html

-- Security Advisories --

In this section, we cover Security Advisories from
fedora-package-announce for the period May 26- June 1, 2011.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce

Contributing Writer: Pascal Calarco

--- Fedora 15 Security Advisories ---

pure-ftpd-1.0.32-1.fc15 -