Re: Fedora Summer Coding/GSoC Beat

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:38:56AM -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:

> Yes, in the past Karsten Wade has done this beat; I suspect he or
> another CommArch member responsible for GSoC will pick it up this
> summer.

Well, to be fair, I did state multiple times that I am no longer
working on GSoC, although I have pitched in at recent crucial
times. Ryan Rix is our team's intern who is working on GSoC this year,
because he wanted to and also to help with transition so it didn't get
entirely dropped from lack of admin experience at the helm.

But Ryan is a full-time college student whose intern time is also
pretty full, so it would be far better for so many, many reasons if
someone else in the Fedora community cared enough to write about
GSoC.

I know there is a circularity here - if no one is writing about it,
then fewer know about it to care - but I think Ryan, I, and others
have been beating the drum pretty well for a few months. So maybe this
is an opportunity for someone interested in doing a small beat to take
it on?

Ryan - what do you think? Want to advertise for someone to help with
FWN by writing occasionally about GSoC?

- Karsten