[Insight}: To FAD Or Not To FAD?

Hi Fedora Insight and FWN teams --

We have a linux festival coming up in Indiana[1] in about three weeks that I am coordinating Fedora presence for, and we've talked a bit about having a Fedora Activity Day[2] there for Fedora Insight.

I've outlined some ideas we could work on for such a FAD[3].  I will be there, and we can likely get funding for stickster from the Community Architecture budget.  The question I want to pose to all of you is: what should we focus on with a FAD?

There is undoubtedly value in bringing a virtual team together physically upon occasion, but we are dispersed rather widely -- Jef in the Netherlands, tactica in LATAM, asrob in Hungary, Andreas in Italy, stickster and pcalarco in USA.  It also seems that we are mostly behind the packaging & theming stages and will hopefully be in production with FWN three weeks from now.

So from my perspective, one area we could really focus on next is planning for additional content after FWN, and the FAD could serve a useful purpose for this.

Alternatively, we could look at having the FAD further out -- either this summer (perhaps at SELF[4] in June?) or in the Fall.

Thoughts?  We need to wrap up the budget by the end of this week, so please send your feedback!

  - pascal

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ILF_2011
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:Fedora_Insight_2011