Fedora Weekly News 236

  * 1 Fedora Weekly News Issue 236
o 1.1 Announcements
+ 1.1.1 Fedora Announcement News
# 1.1.1.1 F13 Release Events - Mission completed!
+ 1.1.2 Fedora Development News
# 1.1.2.1 Red Hat Bugzilla 3.6 Upgrade Public Beta
# 1.1.2.2 Fedora 14 branching and dist-git roll out
# 1.1.2.3 Fedora 14 Feature Freeze is tomorrow (2010-07-27)
# 1.1.2.4 f14 boost-1.44.0 upgrade: pushed
# 1.1.2.5 Outage: Build System - 2010-07-28 07:15 UTC
* 1.1.2.5.1 Reason for outage
* 1.1.2.5.2 Affected Services
* 1.1.2.5.3 Unaffected Services
* 1.1.2.5.4 Ticket Link
* 1.1.2.5.5 Contact Information
+ 1.1.3 Fedora User Announcements
+ 1.1.4 Fedora Events
# 1.1.4.1 Upcoming Events (June 2010 - August 2010)
# 1.1.4.2 Past Events
# 1.1.4.3 Additional information
o 1.2 Fedora In the News
+ 1.2.1 Fedora 13: what you need to know (techradar.com/Linux Format)
+ 1.2.2 Fedora vs Ubuntu (MyBroadband - South Africa)
+ 1.2.3 My Linux: Fedora 13 for Software Developers (University of
Auckland New Zealand Linux User Group)
o 1.3 QualityAssurance
+ 1.3.1 QA metrics
+ 1.3.2 Localization testing
+ 1.3.3 Boot menu release criterion proposal
+ 1.3.4 Bootloader menu release criterion
+ 1.3.5 Lessons learned about update process
o 1.4 Design
+ 1.4.1 Fedora 14 Alpha Artwork
+ 1.4.2 Design Team Weekly Meeting
+ 1.4.3 The Comfortaa Font
+ 1.4.4 New Join Page
o 1.5 Security Advisories
+ 1.5.1 Fedora 13 Security Advisories
+ 1.5.2 Fedora 12 Security Advisories

- Fedora Weekly News Issue 236 -

Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 236[1] for the week ending July 28,
2010. What follows are some highlights from this issue.

In announcements from the Fedora Project, a thank you and reward from
FAMSCO on the many recent Fedora 13 release events, details on the Red
Hat Bugzilla 3.6 upgrade public beta, and branches and feature freezes
for the Fedora 14 tree. In Fedora In the News, a South African
comparison between Fedora and Ubuntu projects, Fedora 13 review from a
New Zealand LUG, and a Fedora article from Linux Format UK reposted.
Quality Assurance brings news on QA statistics efforts, localization
testing using Nitrate, and work on the F14 boot menu and bootloader. In
Design Team news, decisions on Fedora 14 Alpha artwork, discussion
around the Comfortaa font as a secondary branding tool, and work on a
new Join page for the Design Team. Security Advisories completes this
issue of FWN, with many security-related packages for Fedora 12 and 13
released over the past week.

The audio version of FWN - FAWN - is back! You can listen to existing
issues[2] on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping
spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!

If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see
our 'join' page[3]. We welcome reader feedback: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco, Adam Williamson

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue236
2. http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22FWN%22
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewsProject/Join

-- Announcements --

In this section, we cover announcements from the Fedora Project,
including general announcements[1], development announcements[2] and
Events[3].

Contributing Writer: Rashadul Islam

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events

--- Fedora Announcement News ---

---- F13 Release Events - Mission completed! ----

Joerg Simon[1] on Monday, July 26 at 10:26:52 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"FAmSCo want to thank all of you who held a F13 Release Party[3]!

A special thank you goes out to all of you who posted Event Reports
before the DeadLine[4]!

Now it is Dinner-Time ;) pick 5 of your regional Fellows and/or Friends
and have a great Evening -

we will pay for your Food and Drinks as a Thank You.

* Bert Desmet [5]
* Pierros Papadeas [6]
* René Jr Purcell [7]
* Truong Anh Tuan [8]
* Nilesh Vaghela [9]
* Rangeen Basu Roy [10]
* David Ramsey [11]
* José López [12]
* Edna Rheiner [13]
* Neville A. Cross [14]

We want to make sure that you have no trouble in getting the money and
that you get it fast - so please have a proper receipt, that you can
send to me FAS:jsimon"

1. Joerg Simon
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-July/002841.html
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_events
4.
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-06-07/fedora-meeting-1.2010-06-07-18.05.html
5. http://fedoraproject.org /wiki/Release_Party_F13_Ghent#Reports
6. http://pierros.papadeas.gr/?p=133
7. http://arsenicks.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/fedora-13-release-party-quebec/
8. http://www.iwayvietnam.com/en/success-of-the-1st-vietnam-open-day.html
9.
http://www.vglug.info/forums/vglug-discussion/fwd-fedora-13-release-party-photos
10. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Party_F13_Bangalore#Reports
11.
http://diamondramsey.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/release-party-f13-tokyo-report/
12. http://www.taygon.com/?p=397
13. http://www.fedora.org.gt/linux-party-una-verdadera-fiesta-de-distros/
14. http://www.taygon.com/?p=409

--- Fedora Development News ---

---- Red Hat Bugzilla 3.6 Upgrade Public Beta ----

James Laska[1] on Thu Jul 22 11:55:49 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"I am sending this on behalf of Dave Lawrence and the bugzilla team at
Red Hat. Please forward this on to any appropriate lists that were missed.

Greetings,

The Red Hat Bugzilla team is happy to announce the first public beta
release of the next version of Red Hat Bugzilla based on the upstream
3.6 code base.

Please test drive[3].

Over the years Red Hat has made substantial customizations to Bugzilla
to fit into the Engineering tool chain. Over time the upstream has
incorporated some of these customizations or solved them in different
ways. Upgrading reduces our customization footprint (and thus
maintenance) while bringing many bug fixes & enhancements.

The main area of focus for our public betas is stability. Functionality
that currently works in our 3.4 code base should continue to work as
expected in the new 3.6 release. These include various ajax
optimizations, needinfo actor support, frontpage.cgi, product browser,
several various UI enhancements, and of course the XMLRPC API.

Please feel free to point your various scripts and third party
applications that use the XMLRPC API at the test server to make sure
they continue to function properly.

There are numerous other changes behind the scenes that we haven't>
listed. The goal is to make sure that functionality that people have
come to expect in 3.4 is possible in the new system.

There are also numerous new features/fixes that are part of the upstream
3.6 release. For more detailed information on what has changed since the
last release, check out the release notes page at [4] .

The database is a recent snapshot of the live database so should be
useful for testing to make sure the information is displayed properly
and changeable. Also with a full snapshot it is possible to test for any
performance related issues. Email has been disabled so that unnecessary
spam is not sent out. So feel free to make changes to bugs to verify
proper working order.

We are asking for everyone to get involved as much as possible with
testing and feedback on the beta releases to help us make this the most
robust and stable release possible.

Please file any enhancement requests or bug reports in our current
Bugzilla system at [5] . File them under the Bugzilla product and
relevant component with the version 3.6. With everyone's help we can
make this a great release.

Thanks The Red Hat Bugzilla Team"

1. James Laska
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-July/000639.html
3. https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com
4. https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=release-notes.html
5. https://bugzilla.redhat.com

---- Fedora 14 branching and dist-git roll out ----

Jesse Keating[1] on Sat Jul 24 06:54:53 UTC 2010 announced[2],"Hey all!
It's that time again, we're gearing up to branch for Fedora 14 this
coming Tuesday! There is a major twist this time around, we're going to
attempt a roll out of dist-git!

Dist-git is our replacement for the CVS system we are currently using.
This is a pretty big deal, but we're going to try to make it as smooth
as possible. In the next few days I'll be finalizing our git server
setup and polishing up the user interface tool you all will be using to
interact with the source control and build system.

The conversion will take a couple days, which means our normal short
outage for branching will be a bit extended. I wish there was another
way, but converting over 9K cvs repos into git repos does take sometime.
I really feel that this move is worth the extended outage.

The tool you all will use to interact with git and the buildsystem is
called "fedpkg". It comes from the fedora-packager package. There is a
version of it available now in all active Fedora and EPEL releases,
although it is built to work against our staging environment where we
have been testing the setup for a while. This setup is slightly
different than the final version, but you can install it and poke around
the help system to get a feel for what's going on. Most of the make
targets have made it over and are named the same; build, sources, srpm,
etc... Many of the targets can take arguments and options. Where the
make system used shell variables, fedpkg uses options and arguments.
Each target takes a --help argument that will show any available
options. Fedpkg does not yet have a man page, that may be coming soon.

We're also going to be working on wiki pages to document the new stuff
and archive the old stuff. We're going to need help on this too, so if
you want to pitch in, by all means!

As I mentioned above, this is an attempt. We are trying this pretty
early, which I wouldn't normally do. However we have a good roll back
plan. We are going to keep the CVS server as is, although turned
read-only during and after the dist-git rollout. If something fails
beyond reasonable repair with the dist-git attempt we will re-enable
write access to the CVS server (after we branch it for Fedora 14).
Otherwise we will keep it around, in some capacity, as a read-only
reference point.

I'm certain we will run into some bumps along the way, and some wrinkles
to iron out. I ask that you are patient with us as we work through
these, and as we either get updates pushed out of fedpkg or make
adjustments to the git repos on the git server. This transition has been
a long time coming, and I'm really happy to be the one to make it
happen. Keep in mind that this will be the first iteration of our
transition, and it will operate mostly the same as dist-cvs did with a
few improvements. Later on we will start to explore more interesting
advancements such as automatic patch management with exploded sources,
linking to upstream source repositories, automatic %changelog generation
from git changelogs, or things I haven't even thought about. Most of
all, we won't be using CVS any more and that feels really good to me.

If you're curious about how the new system will work or have concerns,
or want to help, you can reply to this email thread or find me on IRC as
"Oxf13" (that's an o, not a zero). If you run across bugs in fedpkg, you
can file them in the fedora-packager hosted trac space [3] or just find
me on IRC as well.

Thanks again for your patience, both in waiting so long for us to make
this move, and for bearing with us during the transition."

1. Jesse Keating
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-July/000640.html
3. https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-packager/

---- Fedora 14 Feature Freeze is tomorrow (2010-07-27) ----

John Poelstra[1] on Mon Jul 26 20:59:07 UTC 2010 announced[2],"A
friendly reminder that tomorrow, Tuesday, July 27, 2010, is Feature
Freeze for Fedora 14.

Feature Freeze means that all accepted features for Fedora 14 must be
*significantly* "feature complete", ready for testing, and have a
current status.

[3] [4]

If you have a feature that will not be feature complete by tomorrow that
is okay. Simply change the wiki page category to
Category:FeatureReadyForWrangler (edit text at the very bottom of the
page) and include the reason and your plans in the commit comment. I'll
see that your feature is targeted for Fedora 15 instead."

1. John Poelstra
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-July/000641.html
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy
4. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Milestones#Feature_Freeze

---- f14 boost-1.44.0 upgrade: pushed ----

Benjamin Kosnik[1] on Tue Jul 27 17:19:25 UTC 2010 announced[2],"The
boost maintainers have updated the boost package to the current release
(1.44.0) in rawhide for F14. More info here:

[3]

Rebuilds for devel packages that require boost are mandatory, as SONAME
was bumped. Help from package maintainers with rebuilding packages with
boost dependencies is appreciated."

1. Benjamin Kosnik(bkoz at redhat.com)
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-July/000642.html
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F14Boost144

---- Outage: Build System - 2010-07-28 07:15 UTC ----

Jesse Keating[1] on Wed Jul 28 07:05:27 UTC 2010 announced[2],"There
will be an outage starting at 2010-07-28 07:15 UTC, which will last
approximately 48 hours.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at [3] or run:

date -d '2010-07-28 07:15 UTC'

----- Reason for outage -----

dist-git migration and Fedora 14 branching

----- Affected Services -----

Buildsystem - [4] CVS / Source Control

----- Unaffected Services -----

All others

----- Ticket Link -----

N/A

----- Contact Information -----

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> or Oxf13 on IRC

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email
to track the status of this outage."

1. Jesse Keating
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-July/000643.html
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
4. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/

--- Fedora User Announcements ---

The list[1],Fedora User Announcements, provides community assistance,
encouragement, and advice for Fedora users.

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-July/thread.html

--- Fedora Events ---

Fedora events are the exclusive and source of marketing, learning and
meeting all the fellow community people around you. So, please mark your
agenda with the following events to consider attending or volunteering
near you!

---- Upcoming Events (June 2010 - August 2010) ----

* North America (NA)[1]
* Central & South America (LATAM) [2]
* Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)[3]
* India, Asia, Australia (India/APJ)[4]

1.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q2_.28June_2010_-_August_2010.29
2.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q2_.28June_2010_-_August_2010.29_2
3.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q2_.28June_2010_-_August_2010.29_3
4.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q2_.28June_2010_-_August_2010.29_4

---- Past Events ----

Archive of Past Fedora Events[1]

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/PastEvents

---- Additional information ----

* Reimbursements -- reimbursement guidelines.
* Budget -- budget for the current quarter (as distributed by FAMSCo).
* Sponsorship -- how decisions are made to subsidize travel by community
members.
* Organization -- event organization, budget information, and regional
responsibility.
* Event reports -- guidelines and suggestions.
* LinuxEvents -- a collection of calendars of Linux events.

-- Fedora In the News --

In this section, we cover news from the trade press and elsewhere that
is re-posted to the Fedora Marketing list[1]

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

Contributing Writer: Pascal Calarco

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/

--- Fedora 13: what you need to know (techradar.com/Linux Format) ---

Kara Schlitz forwarded[1] a repost from Linux Format about Fedora 13,
from the blog techradar.com:

"Corporate backing and a large supportive community – almost all Linux
distributions can boast of at least one half of that.

Fedora, since its inception in late 2003 as Red Hat's community
distribution, has nurtured around itself a devoted community. It has
achieved this after providing, release after release, an innovative and
complete distribution that demands attention and respect.

Being a rather large distribution (the number of DVD distributions now
pales in comparison to single CD variants), Fedora 13 has something for
just about every variety of Linux user."

The full post is available[2].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-July/013266.html
2.
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/fedora-13-what-you-need-to-know-705989

--- Fedora vs Ubuntu (MyBroadband - South Africa) ---

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a posting comparing Fedora and Ubuntu
project approaches to creating linux distributions:

"The difference between Ubuntu and Fedora lies primarily in their
approaches to the end product they produce. Ubuntu's approach is to
produce an easy-to-use desktop alternative to Windows. While not a
Windows clone it is designed to be used by anyone keen to leave Windows
behind. And in this it is remarkably successful.

Fedora, on the other hand, strives to make a desktop operating system
that offers the best that the world of free and open source software has
at the time. It routinely includes software that many other
distributions consider too experimental to use and yet, somehow, manages
to team that with stability."

The full post is available[2].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-July/013253.html
2. http://mybroadband.co.za/news/software/13806-Fedora-Ubuntu.html

--- My Linux: Fedora 13 for Software Developers (University of Auckland
New Zealand Linux User Group) ---

Rahul Sundaram forwarded[1] a posting from a New Zealand LUG about
Fedora 13, from the perspective of an engineer:

"This is (hopefully) the first in a series of posts in which members of
the LUG will detail their personal Linux set-ups and what they use them
for. I’m going to start out by detailing my set-up which is based on
Fedora 13. As a Computer Systems Engineer use my system(s) largely for
developing software, both for desktop platforms and embedded systems.
Therefore this article isn’t really for those new to computers, but it
should be of use to those who are tech-savvy on other platforms. I’ll
start by giving a quick overview of how I came to be a Fedora user, give
a description of Fedora as a distribution and then give an overview of
my system."

The full post is available[2].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-July/013252.html
2. https://ualug.ece.auckland.ac.nz/archives/246

-- QualityAssurance --

In this section, we cover the activities of the QA team[1]. For more
information on the work of the QA team and how you can get involved, see
the Joining page[2].

Contributing Writer: Adam Williamson

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA
2. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join

--- QA metrics ---

Kamil Paral asked for feedback[1] on the topic of gathering statistics
on QA activities, as part of a Fedora-wide 'Fedora Hall Of Fame'
project[2]. He asked what would be the most important tools to monitor
and the most important characteristics to gather. Jóhann Guðmundsson
pointed out some of the pitfalls that can come with trying to measure
and reward voluntary contributions[3]. James Laska pointed out that
gathering statistics would be valuable in ways beyond trying to reward
contributors[4]. Jóhann clarified that he was only concerned with the
'Hall of Fame' concept and agreed that statistics could be useful in
monitoring and improving overall team performance[5]. Kamil thought that
in practice the negative effects Jóhann feared would not be so
pronounced[6]. Jóhann followed up with some concrete suggestions of
areas and numbers that would be interesting[7].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092196.html
2. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kparal/Idea:Fedora_Hall_of_Fame
3. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092198.html
4. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092200.html
5. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092205.html
6. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092214.html
7. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092215.html

--- Localization testing ---

Following on from last week's coverage of Igor Pires Soares's
localization testing discussion[1], Noriko Mizumoto suggested[2] using
the newly open-sourced Nitrate tool[3] for tracking the tests. Igor
asked[4] if the tool was yet packaged for Fedora and deployed in Fedora
Infrastructure. James Laska reported[5] that it was not, but said he
thought it would be a good candidate to be included. Later, Igor
announced[6] that he had made an initial set of updates to the
template[7] for Fedora 14.

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092029.html
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092193.html
3. http://fedorahosted.org/nitrate/
4. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092201.html
5. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092203.html
6. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092219.html
7. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_14_l10n_Results_Template

--- Boot menu release criterion proposal ---

After a contentious first Fedora 14 blocker bug review meeting[1], Adam
Williamson proposed two alternative ways to cover boot menu
functionality in the release criteria[2]. He suggested either having a
basic test of essential functionality (the installer eventually boots
without manual interaction) at the Alpha stage and a more advanced test
(the graphical boot menu appears as intended) at Beta or Final stage, or
simply having the more advanced test at Alpha stage. James Laska[3] and
Jesse Keating[4] both came down in favour of simply requiring the menu
to work correctly at Alpha stage.

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092147.html
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092148.html
3. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092152.html
4. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092150.html

--- Bootloader menu release criterion ---

Adam Williamson announced[1] that, following the list discussion, he had
added the simpler version of the proposed release criterion mentioned in
last week's issue to the Fedora 14 Alpha release criteria[2]. Rui He
added a validation test to check this[3].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092231.html
2.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_Alpha_Release_Criteria#Alpha_Release_Requirements
3. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092248.html

--- Lessons learned about update process ---

Kevin Fenzi announced[1] that he had created a page to track lessons
learned from problems in the update process[2], and asked the group to
document any serious issues they had experienced involving updates to
stable releases so that FESCo could benefit from the information in
planning changes to the update processes and tooling.

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092236.html
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092236.html

-- Design --

In this section, we cover the Fedora Design Team[1].

Contributing Writer: Nicu Buculei

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork

--- Fedora 14 Alpha Artwork ---

As scheduled, at the latest weekly IRC meeting[1] the Design Team
decided on the "winning" concept for Fedora 14 "We decided to go with
Kyle Baker's latest iteration for the alpha". The team is interested in
receive feedback as early as possible, so Martin Sourada wrote a blog
post[2] pushed to Planet[3]. The package is being built and will land
into Rawhide soon.

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002995.html
2.
http://mso-chronicles.blogspot.com/2010/07/f14-laughling-wallpapers-package.html
3. http://planet.fedoraproject.org/

--- Design Team Weekly Meeting ---

Máirín Duffy started a debate[1] about the efficiency of the Design Team
weekly IRC meetings "Are you able to make the meetings? Are you going?
If not, how come? Is there anything we could change about the meetings
to make them easier for you to attend? How can we make the meetings more
fun?". Jef van Schendel supported[2] extended talks "I think the idea of
having extended discussions after the meetings would be great", Martha
Benitez pointed[3] to them as a good learning experience "I find the
meetings a good way to learn more about all this and they are certainly
an opportunity to get more involved" and Nicu Buculei encouraged[4] more
the social part "I think we should do more socializing at those
meetings, even if we do less work done."

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002961.html
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002965.html
3.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002973.html
4.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002966.html

--- The Comfortaa Font ---

Fabian A. Scherschel reopened[1] the talk about introducing Comfortaa as
the new secondary font for Fedora branding with a complaint about the
shape of one letter "As I mentioned in the meeting yesterday, I love the
way Comfortaa looks and I think it goes well with the Fedora logo, the
only problem I have with it is the way the capital 'i' looks" and at the
latest IRC meeting[2], after a few weeks of evaluation, the Design Team
decided in favor of Comfortaa, the evaluation for the body text is still
open "We still need to make a Droid Sans vs. Cantarell decision."

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002940.html
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002995.html

--- New Join Page ---

After Michael Beckwith created[1] a new 'Join Page' for the Design
Team[2] and Emily Dirsh added[3] a round of improvements from the
perspective of a new contributor, the page went live[4], there is
hopping this will make easier for new people to start contributing.

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002745.html
2. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team
3.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-July/002989.html
4. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#Joining_the_Design_Team

-- Security Advisories --

In this section, we cover Security Advisories from fedora-package-announce.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce

Contributing Writer: Pascal Calarco

--- Fedora 13 Security Advisories ---

* turba-2.3-1.fc13 -