Re: FooBar/Fedora Journal/FWN Future

On 07/12/2009 11:23 AM, Adam Batkin wrote:

So now my [potentially heretical, definitely radical] thoughts: Would it
be worth discussing the format of FWN itself? What would FWN look like
if it was organized around "topics" instead of "sources" (what we
currently call a Beat)?

How this could work? Have the current beat writers watch all the possible sources which could touch a topic or it would be the editor's job to aggregate the sources into the topic?

My (design) beat is quite focused and in the past i did references to blog posts of the team (which proved a good thing, since not always they are covered by the Planet beat), but for something more complex I don't think it would be possible for me to watch all the possible sources.