Re: Fedora Weekly News #155

Hi!

On 08.12.2008 19:23, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 12:54:10PM -0500, Oisin Feeley wrote:
Fedora Weekly News Issue 155

Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 155 for the week ending December
7th, 2008.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue155

FWN is pleased to announce the return of the Planet Fedora beat. Among
other items Adam Batkin lists some "Howtos and Tips" gleaned from blogs.
In Announcements the "Fedora 11" naming scheme is discussed. In
Developments "The PATH to CAPP" exposes disquiet with some security
infrastructure. Translation provides updates on the cancellation of
FLSCo elections. Artwork is again bursting at the seems with a "T-Shirt
Logo Design Tool" and "Improved Document Templates". SecurityAdvisories
lists this week's essential updates. Finally Virtualization continues to
race the shocking pace of developments including the "Release of libvirt
0.5.0 and 0.5.1" There's plenty more a mere mouse click away!
I love this summary, even though I completely failed to forward it as
part of my internal Red Hat announcement.  I'll make sure to include
it next time! :-)

I wanted to put it in proper words, but I didn't get around to it, so maybe I'll do it just quickly here:

I like the FWN in general. But I noticed I often do not read them. They for me are to long and contain way to many details -- the section "The PATH to CAPP Audits" and "The Looming Py3K Monster" for example contain a lot of information (which were hard work to collect), but if I want that in-depth details I'll go and read the thread on the list directly. I think a little bit less (1/3 or 1/4 the length of what it is now) could me more/better here.

And all those links in the text with sections like
----
[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-November/msg00420.html

[2] http://libvirt.org/remote.html

[3] http://www.avahi.org
----
IMHO make it really hard to read.

The OpenSUSE weekly news
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Weekly_News/49
look much more professional, are likely a whole less work and they even get them translated because they are shorter/focus on the more important things.

Just my 2 cent as seldom reader. I thought you guys maybe wanted to know. And don't let my option confuse you to much. Maybe it's just me.

CU
knurd