Re: Planet Fedora beat for FWN

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Oisin Feeley wrote:

Hi Lee,

Great to have you here. If there's any help you need just ask. In the meanwhile here's a rough overview of how we produce each issue. The only immediately pertinent thing is the "Writing News Beats" section:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/WorkFlow

Other things to do:

Add your information here in the appropriate place on the Planet beat.
	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats

Like I said in my email to f-marketing-l, my strategy is pretty much:

0.  Read Planet daily.

1. Copy & paste the 2 or 3 posts that I think are most interesting to the community at large into:
	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/PlanetFedora

2. At the end of the week, go to that page and open up all the links I saved. Any that seem pointless a few days later, I delete.

3. Then I take the remaining ones, and try to write a little narrative about them. If you're a consistent FWN reader, you've probably already seen it.

You, of course, can do it however you like. But that was the strategy that I used.

Thanks for helping out -- much appreciated.

--Max