Re: What happens with Marketing news beat?

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:39:23 -0700, "Dale Bewley"
<dlbewley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 22:12 +0300, Svetoslav P. Chukov wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I am confused because I see the marketing news beat in status
> > "incomplete" for second week.  What happened?
> > I would like to contribute some things to that beat but I am not sure
> > if it is alive or dead. So, how to continue in that situation? If I
> > want to contribute to the marketing news beat how to do that?
>
> You might see if there is a clue in the mailing list archive, or email
> that beat maintainer directly.

The last[1] we heard from Mark Bell was five or six issues ago on
11-08-08.

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-news-list/2008-August/msg00035.html

> In my experience, if you want to contribute something, you can write the
> content and send it to the list as a first step. I don't know if the
> Marketing beat is somehow proprietary, but give it a shot.

I think Dale is correct in his assessment.  I'm going to CC this to the
email that Mark has provided on his FedoraProject page[2] to give him a
chance to respond, but in the absence of hearing anything from him in a
few days Svetoslav should just dig in and get started. I believe that
anyone should be able to contribute to a news beat (I'd love it if
someone wanted to help out with Developments by writing some distinct
sections each week) and the ethos should be one of action.  So, thanks
to Svetoslav for expressing interest in this.

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MarkBell

Mark: can you give us an update on the status of your beat?
--
  Oisin Feeley
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OisinFeeley