Re: FWN #137 is out

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
Nice issue.

Re the art scene, My favourite linux logon screen was the Baloon one from Fedora 7. I wish there was an easy way for us to revert to a previous version.

This is a bit offtopic here but... are you talking about GDM? Note that in Fedora 9 we jumped to a completely new GDM, which is not themed anymore in the old way, with pixmpas. Now GDM uses the same background as the default desktop and all theming is done with GTK+, allowing for a lot of useful things, like accessibility or just nice like animations and compositing (F9 didn't have those because it was an early implementation, focused on having it working right).