Re: Getting ready for publication

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A QUESTION:
>
> What is the Beats/Overview page's purpose/function?  I can't figure it out.
>  I am dumb.

Someone can correct me, I still consider myself a greenhorn to the
News Team, but it seems the Overview page just used templates to
automatically build the final product.  So, as a news writer I go edit
my Ambassadors section.  The Overview page uses a template to pull in
whatever I have on my Beats section page.  Once everyone has updated
their section - the Overview page is ready for publishing.

> The Future:
>
> Then, we need to have a serious conversation about what the future
> infrastructure of Fedora News looks like, and how we can get there ASAP.
> That probably calls for a separate IRC meeting, right?

Most likely a separate IRC meeting - or at least a good discussion on
the mailing list.  In fact I would vote for the discussion starting on
the mailing list and then followed by an IRC meeting to bring
everything together and work on a task list and assignments.

~Jeffrey