Re: EPEL updates and news item

On 28/01/2008, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some requests captured from Thorsten via IRC:
>
> 10:26 < knurd> quaid, are you still involved with fedora-news?
> 10:27 < knurd> quaid, would be nice to rename the "Fedora SIG EPEL
> Meeting Week
>                04/2008" to something that matches reality (as those are
> meeting
>                summaries only every second week)
> 10:27 < knurd> ohh, and it would have been nice if somebody would have
> mentioned the
>                "EPEL5 has now 1000 SRPMS" in a prominent place ;-)

Sorry, I would have given more detailed feedback immediately, but I
thought quaid is very active in both EPEL and FWN and thus I thought I
could just offload the work to him ;-) My fault, sorry.

So here in more verbose mode:

 * the name "Fedora SIG EPEL Meeting Week 04/2008" in FWN is wrong, as
we do meeting only every second week. Thus it's more a report of what
happened in EPEL-land (IRC, mailinglist, other places), and EPEL calls
it just "report" (for many months now). "EPEL weekly report 04/2008"
thus would be the better name in FWN

 * don't take the 'would have been nice if somebody would have mentioned
the "EPEL5 has now 1000 SRPMS" in a prominent place' to serious ;-) But
on the other hand: the EPEL reports are AFAICS similar to some of the
FWN news beats. Thus maybe you guys could just take a quick look into
the report and pick up the most interesting bits if there are any (they
should be at the top)? That would be very nice to get some more
attention for EPEL and should hopefully not be much more work then a
simple cut'n'paste.

tia!

Cu
knurd